- Map SVG: Requires Adobe SVG viewer (click here to download).
- Once the download page appears (it may take some time for the scroll bar to appear), scroll down the page and select the plug-in that most closely matches your operating system (for example Mac 8.6-9.1 works for 9.2).
- A pop-up will appear, click 'save' to download the installer to your computer.
- Under many browsers setups, the browser will automatically run the installer. If this does not happen, do one of the following.
- When the download is complete a new popup may appear and you will need to click 'open' or 'launch file' to run the installer.
- Otherwise, locate the downloaded file SVGView.exe or SVGView.bin and double click on the file to run it.
- In most cases, after that everything should work fine. However for a few browser versions the installer is not able to find the correct location for the plug-in so you may have to do it manually.
If your browser is not detected by the installer, copy the contents of the Adobe plugin directory to your browser's plugins directory. The Adobe plugin files are normally located in the subdirectory structure Adobe\SVG Viewer *.*\Plugins\ where the *.* is the SVG Viewer version number. You may need to search for the location of this subdirectory.
- Display: The optimal display settings is to have the screen area set to 1028 by 768 or higher and the font size set to small fonts.
- Operating Systems: This works on Mac OSX and Windows 98 and Higher. Under Mac OS 9, the links from the image to the annotations page do not work optimally. They will take you to the annotation page but not to the specific annotation.
- Browsers: This has been checked to work on IE 4.6 and higher and on Netscape 6 and higher.