CellMiner™ is a web application generated by the Genomics & Bioinformatics Group, LMP, CCR, NCI that facilitates systems biology through the retrieval and integration of the molecular and pharmacological data sets for the NCI-60 cell lines. The NCI-60, a panel of 60 diverse human cancer cell lines used by the Developmental Therapeutics Program of the U.S. National Cancer Institute to screen over 100,000 chemical compounds and natural products (since 1990).
Subsequent builds will include additional molecular data sets and integrative capabilities.
How to find the information you need in CellMiner using the above tabs
- NCI-60 Analysis Tools tab to access automation of several commonly done analyses (Reinhold, Cancer Res, 2012).
- Query Genomic Data tab to query the normalized data sets for information. You can search the data using single identifiers, or a list of identifiers, customize your data annotation, and select your output data format.
- Query Drug Data tab to query the drug data for information. You can search the data using single identifiers, or a list of identifiers, customize your data annotation, and select your output data format.
- Download Data Sets tab to download the entire data set, in either raw or normalized versions.
- Cell Line Metadata tab to view metadata on the NCI-60 panel. Included are tissue type, patient demographics, prior treatment, histology, source, ploidy, p53 status, DNA fingerprint data, etc.
- Data Set Metadata tab to get background information about each data set.
|For other bioinformatic tools and database resources from GBG go to the Discover website home page.|
|For additional drug, dataset and molecular target data see the NCI Developmental Therapeutics Program site.|
|For access to our Cytogenetics (spectral karyotyping) of the NCI-60, type 'NCI-60' in the NCBI's sky database search page.|
CellMiner Development Team
Margot Sunshine, Sudhir Varma, William Reinhold and Yves Pommier prior contributors